James Valley Christian School is a non-profit non-denominational incorporated Christian school. It is governed by a board elected by cooperative members. At the corporate meeting held each year in July, advisory board members are elected for a two-year term. At the present time advisory board members come from nine congregations.
Churches are eligible to become cooperative churches. Agreement with the JVCS Doctrinal Statement and an annual financial contribution are requested. Based on the number of church members, each cooperative church is given a specific number of seats on the advisory board. Pastors of cooperative churches are automatically members of the advisory board.
In addition to the seats that are filled by members of the cooperative churches, each year eight members are elected at large. The six-person James Valley Christian School Executive Board is elected from and by the advisory board.
JAMES VALLEY CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
1. We believe the scriptures, including both the old and new testaments, to fully be the verbally inspired Word of God, written by men in God's control, inerrant and infallible in the original manuscripts and the final authority in faith and life. (II Timothy 3:15-17; II Peter 1:20,21; Psalm 19:7-9)
2. We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19, II Corinthians 13:14)
3. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man, without ceasing to be God, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit, and born of the virgin Mary, in order that he might reveal God and redeem sinful man; that he accomplished our redemption through his death on the cross as a sinless and substitutionary sacrifice; and that our redemption is made sure to us by his literal physical resurrection. He is presently exalted at the right hand of the Father, interceding on our behalf. (John 1:1,2,14; Luke 1:35; Romans 3:24; I Peter 1:3-5; Hebrews 10:10-14; Hebrews 7:25)
4. We believe that the Holy Spirit is the divine person who convicts the world of sin; that He alone brings new life to those who are spiritually dead; that he baptizes all true believers into the true church, which is the body of Christ; that he indwells them permanently, seals them unto the day of redemption, bestows spiritual gifts upon them, controls those who are yielding to Him. (John 3:3-8; 16:7-11; I Corinthians 12:13; John 14:16,17; Ephesians 2:8,9; 4:30; I Corinthians 12:7-11; Ephesians 5:18; Titus 3:5,6)
5. We believe that the creation of the world was an instantaneous and supernatural act of God by which he brought the universe and all that it contains into existence. Man is a direct creation of God--spirit, soul and body--not in any sense the product of animal ancestry, but made in the divine image. The Genesis account is the trustworthy, historical record of creation. (Genesis 1:1,2,26,27,31; Exodus 20:9,11; Colossians 1:16; I Thessalonians 5:23)
6. We believe that man, a direct creation of God, was originally sinless and in perfect fellowship with God. By personal disobedience to the revealed will of God, man became a totally sinful creature, inherited a sinful nature, and became alienated from God, and of himself has no possible means of recovery or salvation.(Ephesians 2:1-3,12; 4:18; Romans 1:18-32; 3:10-23; 5:12; John 8:42-44)
7. We believe that salvation is a free gift of God's grace, offered to us on the basis of Christ's substitutionary death on the cross. It is received personally by repentance for sin and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and is in no way obtained or increased by human effort.(John 3:14-18; Acts 20:21; Romans 6:23; Ephesians 2:8,9; Titus 2:11-14)
8. We believe that Satan is a real person, the enemy of God and man, the god of this present world; that he was defeated at the cross, and his eternal doom is sealed.(Matthew 4:1-11; John 12:31; 16:11; Revelation 12:9,10; 20:10)
9. We believe in the imminent, personal and physical return of the Lord Jesus Christ, to take His church to be with Him, and that He will physically, literally return to this earth to set up His reign which is prophesied in the Word of God.(Acts 1:11; I Corinthians 15:51-57; I Thessalonians 4:13-18; Titus 2:14; Revelation 3:10, 19:11-16; 20:1-6) We also believe in the bodily resurrection of all men, the saved to eternal life, and the unsaved to eternal judgment and everlasting punishment.(Matthew 25:46; John 5:28,29; 11:25,26; Revelation 20:5-13)
10. We believe that God created marriage in the beginning, as a blessing for both man and woman, before any sin or rebellion entered the world, and that He created marriage to be between one man and one woman, who enter into a covenant relationship, complement one another, serve one another, and sanctify one another for as long as they both shall live. Accordingly, we reject any attempt to redefine marriage as a union between people of the same sex or as between more than one man and one woman. We believe that the homosexual lifestyle and alternative gender identities are contrary to the Bible. (Gen. 1:27-28, Gen. 2:15-24; Lev. 18:22; Lev. 20:13a; Matt. 19:4-6; Rom. 1:26-27; 1Cor. 7:14).